On Dec 28 2020 by Staff
January 2021 Visa Bulletin
In the January visa bulletin, the DOS provides final action date projections for visa availability for Family and Employment based categories. For this month, the USCIS says to use Chart A for Employment-Based cases.
USCIS says to use Chart A – Final Action Dates for employment and family-based categories; except F2A
EDGE should be updated overnight.
Looking at Chart A (Final Action Dates), ALL CHARGEABILITY, MEXICO, PHILIPPINES and VIETNAM are all current across the board; India and China also sees some forward movement.
- EB-1 India moves ahead to 01SEPT19
- EB-2 India moves ahead a week to 08OCT09
- EB-3 India also moves ahead a week to 22MAR10
- ***EB-5 India Non-Regional Center (C5 and T5) remains CURRENT
- ***EB-5 India Regional Center (I5 and R5) will be UNAVAILABLE
- EB-1 China moves ahead a few months to 01SEPT19
- EB-2 China moves ahead a week to 01JUN16
- EB-3 China moves ahead to 15DEC17
- ***EB-5 China Non-Regional Center (C5 and T5) remains at 15AUG15
- ***EB-5 China Regional Center (I5 and R5) will be UNAVAILABLE
- ***EB-5 Vietnam Non-Regional Center (C5 and T5) will be 15SEP17
***If Trump does not sign the bill sent to him by Congress (he is threatening to veto), the EB-5 program and Certain Religious Workers categories will become UNAVAILABLE at midnight December 28th.
If you have any questions about the January visa bulletin or about these categories, please contact one of the employment-based immigration lawyers at Klasko Immigration.
The material contained in this article does not constitute direct legal advice and is for informational purposes only. An attorney-client relationship is not presumed or intended by receipt or review of this presentation. The information provided should never replace informed counsel when specific immigration-related guidance is needed.
© 2021 Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP. All rights reserved. Information may not be reproduced, displayed, modified, or distributed without the express prior written permission of Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP. For permission, contact email@example.com.